Shortly after 7pm Saturday night firefighters responded to an apartment fire on the third floor of 223 Washington Avenue.   Firefighters rescued many from the four story Iroquois Apartments.  The fire broke out on the third floor on the left side of the building.  Assistant Fire Chief Ivan Fossesigurani tells us that the tennant of the apartment was in the bedroom with his girlfriend when his son was in a another  bedroom said there was a large pop and the apartment  filled with smoke.  One man on the fire floor suffered a hand burn but refused treatment at the scene.  No firefighter were hurt batteling the blaze.  The fire marshal is on the scene investigating.

By Stephen Krauchick

DoingItLocal is run by Steve Krauchick. Steve has always had interest with breaking news even as an early teen, opting to listen to the Watergate hearings instead of top 40 on the radio. His interest in news spread to become the communities breaking news leader in Connecticut’s Fairfield County. He strongly believes that the public has right to know what is happening in their backyard and that government needs to be transparent. Steve also likes promoting local businesses.

Leave a Reply