Monroe Structure Fire

Monroe structure fire

2:12am--#Monroe Ct-- A fire broke out in the second floor bedroom of a home at 24 Squire Road in the Barn Hill section of Monroe around 2:30am Thursday. A first-arriving volunteer firefighter and three police officers pulled an unconscious man downstairs and out to the front lawn where he was treated by Monroe paramedics and EMTs. A woman and four children escaped on their own, while another firefighter carried the family dog out to safety. The fire was contained to the master bedroom and was quickly extinguished, but smoke filled the entire second floor of the roughly 3,500 square foot home. The man pulled from the fire regained consciousness before being transported to the hospital but the extent of his injuries are unknown. A volunteer firefighter…

Read More