Fire broke out around 10pm

Two families at 33 Orange Street in Bridgeport are left out in the cold as a fire swept through the two family home around 10pm Tuesday night.  Occupants told me they thought a tenant on the 2nd floor put a cigarette into the trash that may not have been fully extinguished.  Assistant Fire Chief Dominick Carfi could not verify this being so early in the investigation but said there was a trash can in the back and that it was in fact fully involved.  Fire fighters did rescue a dog and reunited him with his owner.  It was not determined how many were left homeless from the fire.  No firefighters were injured.  Icing conditions were a concern, I noticed it was 17 degrees when I returned to my car.

By Stephen Krauchick

DoingItLocal is run by Steve Krauchick. Steve has always had interest with breaking news even as an early teen, opting to listen to the Watergate hearings instead of top 40 on the radio. His interest in news spread to become the communities breaking news leader in Connecticut’s Fairfield County. He strongly believes that the public has right to know what is happening in their backyard and that government needs to be transparent. Steve also likes promoting local businesses.

Leave a Reply