Just before 1pm Monday afternoon fire department received a call for smoke at 300 Chestnut Street apartment complex.  Upon arrival they did not find smoke but residents complained of feeling ill.  Firefighters metered and found readings of 70 to 80 parts per million, anything above 10 is considered hazardous.  This affected 5 apartments, 3 of the families were home and checked out by American Medical Response EMTs and did not require and additional treatment.  The flue on the furnace had worked itself loose so each time the furnace ran it released carbon monoxide into the apartments.    The gas company arrived on scene and the furnace was repaired.  Fire officials remained on the scene until 3:00pm ventilating the apartments.

By Stephen Krauchick

DoingItLocal is run by Steve Krauchick. Steve has always had interest with breaking news even as an early teen, opting to listen to the Watergate hearings instead of top 40 on the radio. His interest in news spread to become the communities breaking news leader in Connecticut’s Fairfield County. He strongly believes that the public has right to know what is happening in their backyard and that government needs to be transparent. Steve also likes promoting local businesses.

Leave a Reply