10 Sent To Area Hospitals

Tragedy was averted early Saturday morning when fire officials were called to 232 Madison Avenue. A total of ten people were sent to nearby hospitals with carbon monoxide symptoms including children. Earlier in the night EMTs were called to the scene with an unresponsive child and an adult that was sick. A short time later fire officials were called back to the scene for an odor of gas where they discovered a generator operating in a locked basement that they had to force entry. Apparently natural gas and electricity was turned off to the apartments and the generator was being used for heat and electricity for eight days. The fire marshal and Department of Children & Families were called to the scene.

By Stephen Krauchick

DoingItLocal is run by Steve Krauchick. Steve has always had interest with breaking news even as an early teen, opting to listen to the Watergate hearings instead of top 40 on the radio. His interest in news spread to become the communities breaking news leader in Connecticut’s Fairfield County. He strongly believes that the public has right to know what is happening in their backyard and that government needs to be transparent. Steve also likes promoting local businesses.

Leave a Reply