An unattended candle is suspected in a fire that broke out at 111 Maple Street around 8:30pm Saturday night.  Quick action by firefighters confined the fire to a third story window frame despite a windy cold night.  Olivia Bell, the tenant of the second and third floor was taking her daughter out of the bathtub when the smoke alarm alerted her.  She saw smoke fill her bedroom and she gathered the children and ran into the frigid night air.    Assistant Fire Chief Richard Thode said the firefighters will cover the window over with tar paper and the tenants will be able to remain in the home.

By Stephen Krauchick

DoingItLocal is run by Steve Krauchick. Steve has always had interest with breaking news even as an early teen, opting to listen to the Watergate hearings instead of top 40 on the radio. His interest in news spread to become the communities breaking news leader in Connecticut’s Fairfield County. He strongly believes that the public has right to know what is happening in their backyard and that government needs to be transparent. Steve also likes promoting local businesses.

Leave a Reply