Fire leaves 3 homeless

Shortly after 12:30pm early Sunday morning firefighters received a report of a fire on Wallace Court in Bridgeport. Firefighters were already in the area when the call came in and were on scene within a minute. The narrow street with limited access created a challenge in getting equipment to the fire coupled with hazardous conditions when the power line burned off the building and into the road and began sparking. The fire extended into the attic causing delays in fully extinguishing the blaze. Its possible a space heater on the first floor may have been the cause; The fire marshal was called to the scene and has begun his investigation. No firefighters were injured but two adults and one child were displaced from the fire.

By Stephen Krauchick

DoingItLocal is run by Steve Krauchick. Steve has always had interest with breaking news even as an early teen, opting to listen to the Watergate hearings instead of top 40 on the radio. His interest in news spread to become the communities breaking news leader in Connecticut’s Fairfield County. He strongly believes that the public has right to know what is happening in their backyard and that government needs to be transparent. Steve also likes promoting local businesses.

Leave a Reply