#Westport CT–The Westport Fire Department responded to a gas grill fire in the rear yard of a house on Janson Drive. While stretching a hose line to extinguish the fire the fifteen pound propane tank “vented” sending flame out approximately ten foot from the valve connection. The fire was quickly extinguished and the remaining propane vented using a fog spray from the fire hose. The fire department responded with one command car, two engines and one ladder truck. There were no injuries to civilian or fire personnel. Homeowners are advised to keep propane fueled gas grills away from the house and if possible to keep the valve connection facing away from the residence.
(Westport Fire Department Press Release)