BRIDGEPORT, CT – A Bridgeport teen arrested last week in connection with the July murder of a man on Catherine Street was arraigned Tuesday in Bridgeport Superior Court.

Jabez Holley, 17, was formally charged as an adult with Murder and Carrying a Pistol Without a Permit. His bond was set at $1.5 million.

Holley is accused of shooting and killing 18-year-old Leon Richardson at approximately 6:45 p.m. on Monday, July 27, 2026.

Police said Richardson was sitting in a car he had just parked on Catherine Street, between Washington Avenue and Harral Avenue, when he was struck multiple times by gunfire. He died at the scene.

Richardson was from the North End of Bridgeport and was a former basketball standout at Bullard-Havens Technical High School.

Holley turned himself in to homicide detectives Friday night while accompanied by his mother and attorney. Police said there was an active warrant for his arrest at the time.

Holley was initially held in juvenile detention and appeared before a juvenile court judge Monday. Because of the Murder charge, the case was transferred to adult court Tuesday.

Police said Holley is from the Hollow section of Bridgeport and previously lived at the Greene Homes housing complex.

The Bridgeport Police Department had withheld Holley’s name and photograph until the case was officially transferred to adult court.

Detectives have not released information regarding a possible motive for the murder.

Anyone with additional information is asked to contact lead homicide investigator Detective Thomas Harper at (203) 581-5239.

By Alex

Leave a Reply