The fire broke out just before 5pm on Friday

A fast moving fire and a breezy night caused two three story apartments to go up in flames shortly after 5pm Friday night.  The fire appeared to have started in a first floor bedroom at the 350/252 Hanover Street building and burning embers started the 354/356 building.  A narrow alley way approximately eight feet separates the two buildings.   All tennants quickly and safely evacuated the buildings.  Assistant Fire Chief Christopher Martin estimates there can be eight to twelve families  burned out of their homes between the two buildings.  The Red Cross is helping find shelter for them.    One firefighter stepped on a nail and was taken to the hospital; there were no other injuries.  The Fire Marshall was called to the scene and the investigation is underway.

By Stephen Krauchick

DoingItLocal is run by Steve Krauchick. Steve has always had interest with breaking news even as an early teen, opting to listen to the Watergate hearings instead of top 40 on the radio. His interest in news spread to become the communities breaking news leader in Connecticut’s Fairfield County. He strongly believes that the public has right to know what is happening in their backyard and that government needs to be transparent. Steve also likes promoting local businesses.

Leave a Reply