Shortly after 9:30pm Saturday night the fire department received a call of a kitchen fire at the 215 North Avenue McDonald’s.  Assistant Fire Chief Ismael Pomales told us the fire was confined to a frialator.  The halon fire suppressant immediately was trigger but it was not enough to put out the fire.  The fire did extend into the ventilation system by then firefighters were on scene and put out the rest of the fire.

By Stephen Krauchick

DoingItLocal is run by Steve Krauchick. Steve has always had interest with breaking news even as an early teen, opting to listen to the Watergate hearings instead of top 40 on the radio. His interest in news spread to become the communities breaking news leader in Connecticut’s Fairfield County. He strongly believes that the public has right to know what is happening in their backyard and that government needs to be transparent. Steve also likes promoting local businesses.

Leave a Reply