6:06pm–#Fairfield CT– Around 6pm Monday police received a call to check on the welfare of their friend who lived at Clinton Street. When police arrived they found the house locked and requested help from the fire department in gaining access. When firefighters arrived they found that the man took his life by drinking a vial of potassium cyanide. Assistant Fire Chief said he did not intend to harm anyone else but himself and left a warning note to first responders. Two firefighters and two police officers were taken to the hospital as a precaution and quickly released and returned to the scene. Fire officials called in the Fairfield County Hazardous Materials Team as well as the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection’s hazardous material’s team as well. The poison was isolated the man’s bedroom and was not hazard to the rest of the home or the neighborhood. The man’s name has not been released at this time.