This weekend, The City of Bridgeport will host two cultural events expected to bring large audiences of spectators – Bridgeport Arts Fest will be held on Saturday at McLevy Green in downtown; Puerto Rican Parade of Fairfield County will be held on Sunday beginning at Central High School and ending at Seaside Park.
The following roads will be closed on Saturday, July 13 during the Bridgeport Arts Fest:
- Bank Street from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Main Street between John Street and State Street from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For more information about Bridgeport Arts Fest log on to www.bridgeportartsfest.com
Motorists will encounter delays and road closures in the area of Park Avenue on Sunday, July 14 during the Puerto Rican Parade of Fairfield County. Approximately 60 patrol officers are assigned to the parade, including the mounted unit, Seaside Park detail and K9 officers.
Police announced the following closures along the parade route:
- Park Avenue and its cross streets from Capitol Avenue near Central High School to Seaside Park will be closed to vehicular traffic from approximately 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the parade. Some streets at the northern section of Park may open sooner after the parade passes.
- Park Avenue between University Avenue and Seaside Park will remain closed until at least 8 p.m. and will not be open to vehicular traffic.
While open, Park Avenue between Railroad and University avenues is expected to be heavily congested throughout the day.
- The best alternate routes to the South End will be Broad Street and Iranistan Avenue.
- The best access to West Beach will be Iranistan Avenue to South Avenue to Barnum Dyke
For more information about the Puerto Rican Parade of Fairfield County log on to www.prpfc.org