4:45am–#Fairfield CT–The Fairfield Fire Department was dispatched to a reported building fire at 175 School Street. Car 3 arrived on scene and observed smoke coming from the second floor of a single family residence. The family of four and their dog were all outside of the home when the fire department arrived. One occupant, a 19 year old male, had burns on his hands and face due to exposure. Members from Engine 2 and Ladder 2 quickly entered the building and extinguished the fire. Additional units supported on scene operations and medical care was provided to the victim by on scene fire personnel. The victim was transported to Bridgeport Hospital by AMR with non-life threatening injuries. The cause of the fire was due to improperly discarded smoking materials. The last unit cleared the scene at 05:43 hours.


Assistant Chief Scott Bisson stated, “The Fairfield Fire Department wants to remind everyone about the importance of installing and maintaining working smoke detectors on all levels of the home, especially in the sleeping areas.”

ffld fire

By Stephen Krauchick

DoingItLocal is run by Steve Krauchick. Steve has always had interest with breaking news even as an early teen, opting to listen to the Watergate hearings instead of top 40 on the radio. His interest in news spread to become the communities breaking news leader in Connecticut’s Fairfield County. He strongly believes that the public has right to know what is happening in their backyard and that government needs to be transparent. Steve also likes promoting local businesses.

Leave a Reply