NORWALK, CT – Norwalk Police arrested a 35-year-old man after two people were stabbed during a fight involving approximately 10 to 15 people near Ely Avenue and Lowe Street early Sunday morning.

Police said officers responded to the area at approximately 6:14 a.m. following a report of a large fight. When officers arrived, they did not observe an active disturbance and began interviewing witnesses and bystanders.

During the initial investigation, officers arrested Friedston D. Bowen Jr. on charges of Breach of Peace in the Second Degree and Interfering with an Officer. Bowen was transported to Norwalk Police Department Headquarters.

Later that morning, at approximately 7:17 a.m., officers were dispatched to Norwalk Hospital after two people arrived with knife wounds. Police said one victim suffered a facial laceration, while the second sustained a laceration to the chest area.

Detectives determined that both victims had been stabbed during the earlier fight on Ely Avenue and that Bowen was responsible for the stabbings.

Friedston D. Bowen Jr., 35, of Norwalk, was additionally charged with two counts of Assault in the Second Degree and Carrying a Dangerous Weapon.

His bond was set at $250,000, and he is scheduled to appear in court on September 1, 2026.

The investigation remains ongoing.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Dan Fitzmaurice at DFitzmaurice@norwalkct.gov or 203-854-3180.

Anonymous tips can also be submitted through the Norwalk Police Department website at www.norwalkpd.com or by texting “NORWALKPD” followed by the message to TIP411 (847411).

By Alex

Leave a Reply