Month: November 2019

Trumbull News: Brush Fires

2019-11-30@2:11pm–#Trumbull CT– Firefighters are fighting a number of brush fires, one at Route 15/25 merge and another set of fires near the movie theaters on Quarry Road.

 

This news report is made possible by:

 

See all the great deals at:
https://www.bmwofbridgeport.com/new-vehicles/this-months-bmw-lease-deals-special-offers-in-connecticut/

2019-11-29@6:08PM –#Bridgeport CT—On Friday the Bridgeport Emergency Operations Center received the report of a hit and run accident/pedestrian struck near the intersection of William Street and Roosevelt Street.

An unidentified vehicle was traveling southbound in the 1000 block of William Street when it struck a parked vehicle.  The suspect vehicle continued south on William Street and struck a pedestrian walking across the intersection of William Street and Roosevelt Street.  The victim/pedestrian was dragged several car lengths south on William Street before he was detached from the striking vehicle and left in the roadway.  The striking vehicle, along with the operator, fled the scene travelling southbound on William Street.  The suspect vehicle is described only as a dark colored SUV.

Bridgeport Police Officers, Firemen, and the Police Crash Investigation Unit responded to the scene.

The female pedestrian, identified as 56 year old woman of Bridgeport Connecticut, was transported to Bridgeport Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Bridgeport Police Traffic Officer Judson Brown is leading the investigation.  Anyone with additional information is asked to call the Bridgeport Police Department’s Traffic Division at 203-576-7640.

 

This press release is made possible by:

 

Milford News: Smoke From Macy’s

3:50pm–UPDATE: Firefighters say the source was a burnt out belt.  No mention what it was a belt to.  Sounds like my belt after Thanksgiving dinner!

2019-11-29@3:40pm–#Milford CT– Report of smoking coming from the sitting room on the first floor at Macy’s at the Connecticut Post Mall.  They are closing that area off to prevent smoke from going inside the mall.

 

This news report is made possible by:

 

Stratford News: BJ’s Gas Leak

1:18pm–UPDATE:  Two more employees complaining of dizziness.  According to radio reports one of the heaters at the entrance was malfunctioning.

2019-11-29@1:03pm–#Stratford CT– There is a reported gas leak at BJ’s on Ferry Boulevard. A customer called it in and said there are people out in the front feeling dizzy including one employee.  It was not called in by an employee but a customer.   Firefighters on scene investigating.

 

This news report is made possible by our SAFE heating sponsor: